Capacity Building Leadership Program
Training Program for Leaders in Local Communities
22-23 January 2020 in Tallinn, Estonia
Capacity Building Leadership Program for sustainable waste management based on the principles of Keep It Clean Plan
This program is for change agents who are ready to make the first step towards transforming their communities waste free. We are looking for community leaders, who already have some experience in community engagement and who now want to dive deeper into better waste and resource management and how to make that happen.
Let’s Do It Foundation is proud to present the first Capacity Building Leadership Program in partnership with internationally acclaimed researcher, consultant and technical expert in zero waste solutions Enzo Favoino
This will be a 2-day pilot course, after which you have acquired:
- technical waste management knowledge and know key solutions for developing communities;
- a framework to improve your internal and external communications and messaging supporting your mission;
- basic skills how to assess the needs for your team and stakeholder engagement;
- a checklist to get started: problem tree and waste audit;
- a basic understanding for being an ambassador and spreading the knowledge and skills yourself.
The places for the program are limited to 25 organisations with at least two decision-makers from the team present. During the program, each team will create their own action plan guided by trainers, the framework and the toolkit.
The course will be followed by personalised mentoring sessions and webinars, so that participants can take the acquired skills on a practical level and receive feedback and advice from the trainers for tackling early steps of implementation and make it all work.
Can I apply?
- You have previous leadership experience as a Manager, Team leader or Project leader
- You have a senior position within the organisation where you’re working closely with the local community leadership
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- You are a citizen of a developing country (according to the OECD)
The application deadline is 1 November. When selected, you will receive all necessary confirmations from the organisers for travel arrangements within the first week of November. The training will be free of charge. Travel to and from and accommodation in Tallinn should be covered by the participants.
Let’s Do It Foundation has received a grant from Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to introduce and implement the Keep It Clean Plan through a non-formal educational programme. The funding is part of an international aid programme for developing countries.